Outdoor Climbing Weekend for Beginners in Ticino
Join us for a weekend in Ticino to learn the basics of outdoor rock climbing. We will stay at Villa Edera, a beautiful hostel in the middle of the stunning Valle Onsernone.
This trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys Climbing Instructors.
Join by clicking on the below links:
What’s the plan?
We will meet at Wild Valley Hostel Villa Edera on Friday evening. Dinner and night at the villa.
On Saturday morning, after an energizing breakfast, your climbing instructor will brief you and check/distribute the gear to everyone before heading to the crag. There you will be taught the basic techniques and safety rules for outdoor rock climbing. After a long day outside, we will return to the villa and enjoy a nice dinner outside in the garden!
On Sunday, we will head to the same crag or a different one, keep practicing what we learned on day 1 and learn more techniques. Return to the villa at the end of the afternoon for you to catch a bus and train home.
Great if you’ve done some bouldering or rock climbing before, but it’s not a must! “Complete beginner”-friendly.
- Lightweight backpack (20L)
- Climbing shoes
- Harness (can be rented out)
- Helmet (can be rented out)
- Belay device for double ropes (can be rented out)
- Locking carabiner (can be rented out)
- Sun cream
- Packed lunches
- Sleeping bag liner
- Lightweight towel
- Simple first aid kit with things that you may need
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 17:33 – 20:20 Auressio, Paese (via Bellinzona and Locarno) – The bus stop is located in front of the villa.
- Auressio 17:03 – 19:55 Zurich HB (via Locarno, Bellinzona, and Arth-Goldau) – depending on when we finish climbing.
If anyone is traveling from Zurich and is interested in joining me in my car to share the costs, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. CHF 30-50 for the return trip, depending on how many people join.
The price of the event is CHF 450.
What does the price include?
- 2 full days of outdoor rock climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
- Accommodation on Friday and Saturday night (shared rooms)
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- “Raid-the-fridge” policy for snacks and sandwiches
- Climbing ropes and quickdraws
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to and from Auressio
- Climbing equipment (see kit list) – can be rented out (see “Equipment rental”)
You have the possibility to rent the following equipment:
- Harness: CHF 20
- Helmet: CHF 20
- Belay device and locking carabiner: CHF 20
Minimum number of participants: 4
Maximum number of participants: 6
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.