Mountaineering Weekend with ascension of Alphubel (4206m)
This will be a 2-day mountaineering tour with the ascension of a 4206m mountain: the Alphubel. The Alphubel is a mountain of the Swiss Pennine Alps, located between the valleys of Zermatt and Saas in the canton of Valais.
This trip is led by Guy-Robert May, International Mountain Guide.
What’s the plan?
We will meet in Täsch at 13:00. Guy-Robert will pick you up in Täsch and give you a lift to Täschalp, from where we will start our ascension. We will hike to the charming Täschhütte, located at 2701m above sea level. Once we get to the hut, we will do some briefing and exercises to prepare for the ascension on day 2. Dinner and night at the hut.
Walking duration: 2h
Breakfast at the hut, ascension of the Alphubel (4206m) on the South-East ridge, return to the hut for lunch and descent to Täschalp. Shuttle from Täschalp to Täsch.
Walking duration: 7h
To join this event (Mountaineering Weekend with ascension of Alphubel) you have ideally done an introduction to mountaineering before (for example Allalinhorn or Bishorn). If this is your first mountaineering experience, you need to be a really fit hiker.
- Ice axe
- Hiking poles
- Head torch
- Crampon compatible mountaineering boots
- Glacier glasses
- Hat or cap
- Fleece jacket
- Duvet jacket
- Goretex jacket
- Waterproof trekking trousers
- Sun cream
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets provided)
- Pillow case
- Cash for drinks at the hut
- Face mask and hand sanitiser
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- 10:02 Zurich HB – 13:00 Täsch (via Visp)
- 15:48 Täsch – 18:58 Zurich HB (via Visp) – depending on what time we return to Täsch
The price for the event is CHF 750. The higher price is due to the technical difficulty of this tour and the fact each guide is only allowed to take up to 3 participants for this summit.
What does the price include?
- Transfers between Täsch and Täschalp
- 2 days of mountaineering with an International Mountain Guide
- 1 night of accommodation at Täschhütte
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast and “Marschtee” on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Transfers to and from Täsch
- Packed lunches
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 3
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 3 June 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.