2-day Hike and Photography Workshop
Improve your photography skills with a 2-day photography workshop led by Julien Bukowski, professional photographer from the Jura region, combined with a 2-day hike and night in a mountain lodge.
Discover the famous Creux du Van, and enjoy stunning views of Lake Neuchatel, Lake Geneva and the Alps in the background.
Click here to get an overview of Julien Bukowski’s work.
Details – 2-day Hike and Photography Workshop
We will meet at Noiraigue train station at 9am and will hike up to the Swiss Grand Canyon, Creux du Van. The views from up there are breathtaking, with the contrast of steep cliffs and green Jura landscapes. We will then carry on through beautiful pastures and forests all the way to Les Rochats, where we will spend the evening and the night. If the weather allows, we will be able to take some pictures of the night sky.
The second day will start with another hike through beautiful forests and pastures. Once we go up to 1300m, trees are becoming rare and we might be lucky enough to catch sight of some chamois. We will then reach the third highest peak of the Swiss Jura, the Chasseron at 1607m. From there we will enjoy the views of Lake Neuchatel, Lake Geneva and the stunning Alpine background, before walking down to the nice town of Sainte-Croix, where we will take the train back.
- Hiking poles
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over-trousers
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirts
- Hiking trousers and/or shorts
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Backpack waterproof cover and waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
- Lightweight towel
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets are provided)
- Pillow case
- Face mask
- Sun screen
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Packed lunches
- Cash for drinks in the evening
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Reflex camera and photography equipment
- At least 1 camera lense (lenses suggested: wide angle, for example 16-35mm and/or 18-200mm)
- Remote trigger if you have
- Spare SD cards in case
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation:
Zurich HB 07:03 – 09:02 Noiraigue (via Neuchâtel)
Ste Croix 17:06 – 19:56 Zurich HB (via Yverdon-les-Bains)
The price of the event is CHF 480.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of photography workshop with a professional photographer, combined with a 2-day hike in the Jura
- 1 night of accommodation, including dinner, bed in a dorm and breakfast
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Noiraigue on Saturday and from Ste-Croix on Sunday
- Packed lunches
- Photography equipment
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 3 September 2020.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.