Guided Snowshoeing Weekend in the Fribourg Pre-Alps
Let’s go snowshoeing and explore the beauty of the Fribourg Prealps.
This trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Leader, Julien Temple.
Details – Snowshoeing Weekend in the Fribourg Pre-Alps
We will meet at the Schwarzee, Gypsera station at 09:00. Once we’ve checked the equipment and everyone is ready, we will start the snowshoeing hike of the day, a stunning loop to Schlossisboden and along the Schwyberg ridge. The effort of the climb will be rewarded with 360-degree panoramic views of the Bernese, Vaud, and Fribourg Alps, as well as the Jura massif in the background. Return to Schwarzsee in the afternoon, where we will enjoy the evening at Hotel Bad ***. Dinner and night at the hotel.
- Distance: 9km
- Walking duration: 5 hours (loop)
- Ascent: 660m
- Descent: 660m
After a nice breakfast at the hotel, we will start our long and beautiful hike to Zollhaus. After following a beautiful path in the forest, we will climb towards the Ättenberg with the highest point of the hike at 1600m. If the weather permits, we will get the chance to see many of the Bernese and Fribourg peaks like Kaiseregg, Spitzflue, or Combiflue.
- Distance: 10km
- Walking duration: 6 hours
- Ascent: 620m
- Descent: 780m
To join this event, you need to be a fit hiker. No previous snowshoeing experience needed.
- Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF20)
- Avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel (can be rented out at TRANSA)
- Winter hiking or mountaineering boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over-trousers
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Hiking trousers
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Backpack waterproof cover and a waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Packed lunches
You have the possibility to rent snowshoes and poles for an additional CHF 20.
You can also rent out the avalanche set (transceiver, shovel, and probe) at TRANSA in Zurich, Bern, or Luzern for an additional CHF50: https://www.transa.ch/services/mieten-testen/miete-winter/
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 06:32 – 08:53 Schwarzee, Gypsera (via Fribourg)
- Zollhaus 16:11 – 18:28 Zurich HB (via Fribourg) – depending on what time we finish.
The price of the event is CHF 280.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of guided snowshoeing with a certified instructor
- 1 night of accommodation in a 3* hotel (3- and 4-bed bedrooms)
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Schwarzsee on Saturday and from Zollhaus on Sunday
- Packed lunches
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by date one month before the event start.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.