Multi pitch climbing weekend in Ticino
You’ve started climbing outdoors but still need to learn the techniques for multi pitch climbing? Or maybe you’ve done some multi pitch climbing but would love a refresher to gain confidence before going with your friends? Then this event is for you!
Unlike lead climbing, which involves a single climber ascending one route, multi pitch climbing involves several climbers traversing multiple routes on the way to their destination. It offers climbers the ability to cover longer distances and traverse more routes.
This trip is led by Antoine Chaboudez and Tim Dunham, climbing instructors. For 5 or 6 participants, there will be a third climbing instructor.
What’s the plan?
You meet your guide (or guides if 3 or 4 participants) at Ponte Brolla train station at 10:00 on Saturday. From there you go to the crag to start with some theory / refresher about multi pitch climbing on the ground before getting on the rocks! After a long day climbing, you have a pizza at a local restaurant and spend the night in bungalows at Camping Piccolo Paradiso in Losone.
On Sunday after an energising breakfast, you head back to the crag for another day multi pitch climbing! Return to Ponte Brolla at the end of the day for everyone to catch their train back home.
To join this event, you need the following climbing and belaying skills:
- Climbing skills: top rope 5C
- Belaying skills: being able to belay a lead climber
Previous multi pitch or abseiling experience is not a requirement.
It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover mountain rescue, including extreme sports. Becoming a Rega patron is highly recommended (CHF 40 per year only for emergency medical assistance from the air).
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
- Saturday: Zurich HB 07:05 – 10:00 Ponte Brolla (via Bellinzona & Locarno)
- Sunday: Ponte Brolla 17:56 – 20:55 Zurich HB (via Locarno & Bellinzona) – depending on the time the event finishes
Day Clothing Essentials
- Hiking or approach shoes
- Climbing trousers
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Lightweight towel
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Backpack (30-40L)
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- ATC Belay device
- 6x Locking carabiners
- 10x Quick-draws
- 1x Multi-chain sling
- 1x Cordelette
- Climbing tape
- Chalk bag
- Water (min. 2L)
- Packed lunches
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
The price for this event is CHF 600.
Included in price
- 2 days of multi pitch climbing with one climbing instructor for 2 participants in order to make the most of the weekend and be able to do multiple pitches on both days
- Climbing ropes
- 1x Night of accommodation in a bungalow
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Shuttles between the train station, the hotel and the crags
Not included in price
- Transport to/from Ponte Brolla
- Climbing equipment
- Packed lunches
- Drinks & snacks
Min. 2 / Max. 4 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Climbing trip to Corsica (5 days – 4 nights)
- 27 Apr 2023 - 01 May 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
View all comments