Climbing trip to Corsica (5 days – 4 nights)
Sea, sun & mountains… Corsica, an enchanting island in the Mediterranean and paradise for nautical sports, hiking but also climbing!
Join us for this 5-day-4-night climbing trip on this gorgeous French island!
The famous Aiguilles de Bavella, in the South of the island, are a characteristic landscape of the area, located in the Bavella massif. The climbing routes in the area are everywhere! From there, blue sea frames the jagged granite mountains to the east and west.
This trip is led by Mathieu Cesarano, international mountain guide who has been living in the area for many years.
What’s the plan?
Thursday 27 April
Meet at Ajaccio airport at 17:00 on Thursday 27 April. Our guide Mathieu will meet us at the airport and drive us to Col de Bavella. Dinner and night at Auberge du Col de Bavella, our home for the next four days.
Friday 28 April – Sunday 30 April
Each day, Mathieu will take you to a different crag around Bavella. The options are endless and all stunning!
If you need a day off or just want to do something else, there are plenty of hiking possibilities, Bavella being located on the GR20, the hardest and most beautiful long distance hike in Europe! Celine, mountain leader, will be happy to make you discover the trails.
Monday 1 May
We will check out of our mountain lodge early in the morning and head to a new area on our way back to Ajaccio, for our last day of outdoor climbing in Corsica, which also has plenty of beautiful routes.
Grade-wise, the Bavella area offers loads of routes, from 4 to 8. To join this event, you should be able to lead climb 5a routes outdoors or 5c routes indoors if you have no outdoor climbing experience.
It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover mountain rescue, including extreme sports. Becoming a Rega patron is highly recommended (CHF 40 per year only for emergency medical assistance from the air).
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich or Basel, we recommend you book the following flights (EasyJet):
- Thursday 27 April: Basel EuroAirport 15:15 – 16:40 Ajaccio
- Monday 1 May: Ajaccio 21:10 – 22:30 Basel EuroAirport
Day Clothing Essentials
- Hiking or approach shoes
- Climbing trousers
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Sleeping bag liner
- Lightweight towel
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Small day backpack (20-30L)
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing helmet
- Belay device
- 4x Locking carabiners
- 2x Slings
- Chalk bag
- Climbing tape
- Water (2L)
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
The price for this event is CHF 1’200, or CHF 1’000 if you book before 31 January 2023 (early bird discount).
Included in price
- 4x days of outdoor climbing with an international mountain guide, in a small group
- Climbing ropes and quick-draws
- Climbing guidebooks of the area
- Transfer from Ajaccio airport to Bavella on 27 April (departure from Ajaccio airport around 17:30)
- Transfer to Ajaccio airport on 1 May (departure from the crag around 17:00)
- Transfers between the accommodation and the crags
- 4x nights of accommodation in a local mountain lodge (shared room)
- Daily full body stretching session
- Dinner from day 1 to day 4
- Breakfast from day 2 to day 5
- Lunch from day 2 to day 5
Not included in price
- Flights to Ajaccio
- Min. 4 participants
- Max. 6 participants