Yoga & Climbing Week in Kalymnos, Greece
What better combination than yoga and climbing in the limestone cliff crags of Kalymnos, the world’s climbing mecca? Yoga will help you improve your physical and mental climbing abilities and climbing will help you understand the meaning of living the moment.
Join us for this 4-day retreat in Greece at the Carian 4* Hotel with yoga, climbing, healthy food, amazing sunsets, and a lot of genuine fun.
This trip is led by Giadda Rocca, certified yoga instructor, Celine Kahn, International mountain leader, and Lucas Dourdurekas, certified climbing instructor.
What’s the plan?
Each day, we wake up with an invigorating Vinyasa practice on the sun deck to open and prepare the body for the day ahead. Then enjoy a healthy breakfast from our panoramic terrace gazing over the blue waters of the Aegean sea.
Tie up your shoes, pack your gear and we go climbing at some of the best crags on the planet which are just a short hike or drive directly from our hotel (Kalymnos has over 2,500 sport climbing routes suitable to all different levels of skill); learn about safe belaying, climbing techniques, knots, rope handling, and experience the thrill of climbing until your fingers are ready to fall off.
After such a day, either stop for a dip in the crystal blue waters of the many beautiful beaches or have a siesta and do nothing.
Towards the evening, we take a moment to restore sore muscles with a yoga session designed to stretch climber’s muscles and promote relaxation, and finally enjoy a well-deserved Greek dinner at one of the many local tavernas.
Wake up the next day and repeat all over again.
To join this event, it is highly recommended to have basic knowledge of safe belaying techniques and basic climbing experience. The panorama of routes in Kalymnos is so wide that it offers something for every skill level of climbing, so we can accommodate different levels within the same group.
It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover this trip. Book tickets at your own risk. It is recommended to purchase travel insurance).
How to get there
If you are flying from Zurich, we recommend you book a flight to Kos (with a connection in Athens), and a ferry from Kos to Kalymnos.
Day Clothing Essentials
- Hiking or approach shoes
- Climbing trousers
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat
- Small day backpack (20-30L)
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing helmet
- Belay device
- 5x Locking carabiners
- 2x Slings
- Chalk bag
- Climbing tape
- Water (2L)
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
The price for this event is:
- CHF 1’050 per person in a double room
- CHF 1’150 per person in a single room
Included in price
- 4-night stay at Carian Hotel (https://carianhotel.gr) 4* hotel in a double or single room
- 3 days of guided and instructed climbing (approximately 5-6 hours per day) – certified climbing instructor ratio 6:1
- 3 yoga lessons (2 morning vinyasa flows & 1 evening restorative classes)
- All breakfasts & dinners
Not included in price
- Airfare to/from Zurich to Kos & ferry to /from Kalymnos.
- Local transportation costs apart from those included for our group activities;
- Lunch, drinks (alcohol, other bottled drinks), optional sightseeing, and additional activities.
- OPTIONAL CLIMBING or YOGA PHOTOSHOOT by Klarastein.com (group or individual photoshoot sessions available)
Min. 2 / Max. 5 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.