Splitboard / Ski Tour for Beginners
You want to start splitboarding or ski touring and need some introduction on an easy but really nice tour? This tour is specially designed for splitboarders / snowboarders and therefore has no flat parts. Skiers are of course more than welcome to join.
This tour is led by Niki Huwyler, certified winter sport instructor.
What’s the plan?
You meet Niki at Flumserberg, Tannenboden at 09:30 and take the cable car up to Maschgenkamm.
Easy tour with 500-600m ascent. We also find time to look at the avalanche danger assessment in the terrain, for this we apply the reduction method, the single slope assessment and interpret the avalanche bulletin.
Return to Flumserberg, Tannenboden around 15:00.
To join this event, you need to be comfortable snowboarding / skiing on any piste and have some off-piste experience.
It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover mountain rescue, including extreme sports. Becoming a Rega patron is highly recommended (CHF 40 per year only for emergency medical assistance from the air).
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
- Zurich HB 07:12 – 08:44 Flumserberg, Tannenboden (via Walenstadt and Unterterzen) – if you are renting out equipment, which gives you enough time to pick it up and walk up to Tannenboden
- Zurich HB 07:38 – 09:25 Flumserberg, Tannenboden (via Sargans) – if you have your own equipment
Please note that the location might change depending on the conditions.
- Splitboard + skins or snowboard + snowshoes or touring skis + skins
- Avalanche set: transceiver, probe and shovel
- Packed lunch
- Water and snacks
You have the possibility to rent the following equipment at Intersport Flumserberg Tannenboden:
- Ski touring set (touring skis + skins + poles) for CHF 62
- Splitboard set (splitboard + skins + poles) for CHF 82
- Avalanche set (transceiver + probe + shovel) for CHF 22
We recommend you to reserve the equipment online in advance.
The price for this event is CHF 170.
Included in price
- 1-day guided ski or splitboard tour with a certified instructor
Not included in price
Min. 3 / Max. 8 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.