Guided Snowshoeing Weekend in the Bernese Oberland
Let’s go on a snowshoeing weekend and explore the beauty of the Kandertal in the Bernese Oberland.
This trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Leader, Julien Temple.
What’s the plan (Snowshoeing Weekend)?
We will meet in Kandersteg at 08:40 and get the cable car to Sunnbüel. From there we will start our beautiful hike to Lämmerenhütte, walking past the Berghotel Schwarenbach and along the stunning Daubensee. We will spend the evening at the hut, enjoying a nice dinner and surely a glass of wine!
- Distance: 11 km
- Ascent: 650m
- Descent: 250m
After breakfast, we will hike above the Lämmerenhütte to discover the Lämmerental. If the conditions are good we might be able to reach the Rote Totz Lücke at 2800m! After enjoying the stunning views up there, we will slowly make our way down to the Gemmipass and take the cable car to Leukerbad. Once we arrive in Leukerbad, we can go enjoy the thermal baths for a couple of hours to nicely wrap up the weekend!
- Distance: 8-10km
- Ascent: 300-400m
- Descent: 500-600m
To join this event, you need to be a fit hiker. No previous snowshoeing experience needed.
- Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF20)
- Avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel (can be rented out at TRANSA)
- Winter hiking or mountaineering boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over-trousers
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Hiking trousers
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Backpack waterproof cover and a waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
- Lightweight towel
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets are provided)
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Packed lunches
You have the possibility to rent snowshoes and poles for an additional CHF 20.
You can also rent out the avalanche set (transceiver, shovel, and probe) at TRANSA in Zurich, Bern, or Luzern for an additional CHF50: https://www.transa.ch/services/mieten-testen/miete-winter/
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 06:32 – 08:40 Kandersteg (via Bern)
- Leukerbad, Busterminal 16:48 – 19:58 Zurich HB (via Leuk and Visp) – depending on what time we finish.
The price of the snowshoeing weekend event is CHF 250.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of guided snowshoeing weekend with a certified instructor
- 1 night of accommodation in a dorm
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Kandersteg on Saturday and from Leukerbad on Sunday
- Cable car Kandersteg – Sunnbüel (CHF 26 or CHF 13 with GA or 1/2 Tax)
- Gemmi-Bahn Gemmipass – Leukerbad (CHF 24 or CHF 12 with GA or 1/2 Tax)
- Entrance to the Leukerbad Therme – optional (CHF 25 for 3 hours)
- Packed lunches
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 20 February 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm