3-day Ski Touring in Val d’Herens (Valais)
Join this unforgettable winter adventure in the beautiful and authentic Herens valley! Untouched slopes, breathtaking alpine scenery, and two nights in the most cosy hotel of the valley, Hotel Les Melezes, with its outdoor sauna and hot tubs! A great escape for ski enthusiasts seeking the perfect mountain getaway.
This trip is led by Gilles Sierro, international mountain guide from the area and who knows the valley intimately.
What’s the plan?
Meet Gilles at the hotel on Friday at 09:30. After dropping your bags and checking everyone’s equipment, you’re off and ready to hit the snow!
Ski tour locations will be chosen on the day by Gilles, who knows the valley like the back of his hand.
Each evening, you will have time to relax at the hotel and enjoy the sauna and hot tub under the stars, and the shuttle will take you to a local restaurant for dinner.
Breakfast will be at the hotel and the shuttle will take you to the next ski tour spot every morning. Examples of possible tours: Pic d’Artsinol, La Palantse, Pointe du Tsaté
Who hasn’t dreamt of skiing in this untouched valley, with the Dent Blanche in the background?
Technical information and requirements
Good levels of skiing experience and physical fitness are required to ski in all snow conditions and skin up at a good pace.
- Ascent: up to 1’000 meters per day
- Duration: 4 to 7 hours of exercise per day
- Varied slopes (up to 35º), a few technical sections
- You need to be a very good off-piste skier and to have some ski touring knowledge (i.e. how to use skins, ski crampons, avalanche devices, etc.)
- If you are a good off-piste skier but would like to get familiar with ski touring before this event, you can join our Ski tour for beginners in Flumserberg on 7 January 2024
It is the participant’s responsibility to get health and accident insurances that cover mountain rescue, including extreme sports. Becoming a Rega patron is highly recommended (CHF 40 per year only for emergency medical assistance from the air).
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
- Zurich HB 06:02 – 09:32 Les Hauderes, centre (via Bern, Visp and Sion)
- Les Hauderes, centre 15:30 – 18:58 Zurich HB (via Sion and Visp) – depending on the time the event finishes
If you are traveling by car, you can park at the hotel for free for the duration of your stay.
Day clothing essentials
- Base layers
- Ski trousers
- Down jacket
- Goretex jacket
- Warm hat
- Thin gloves
- Thick gloves
- Ski touring backpack (30-40L)
- Ski helmet
- Ski touring boots
- Touring skis with skins and ski crampons
- Ski poles
- Avalanche set: transceiver, probe and shovel
- Thermal bottle for tea
- Packed lunches for 3 days (can be bought there for Saturday and Sunday)
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
The price for this event is CHF 950.
Included in price
- 3 days ski touring with an international mountain guide
- 2 nights of accommodation at Hotel Les Melezes in Les Hauderes
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- Access to the outdoor sauna and hot tubs
- Daily shuttles between the hotel, the ski start and end points and the restaurants
Not included in price
- Transport to/from Les Hauderes
- Cable cars
- Drinks and snacks
Min. 4 / Max. 6 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.