Moonlight Guided Snowshoe Hike, Outdoor Dinner & Glühwein
Snowshoe walking in the night is almost like a fairy tale and this Saturday will be fantastic weather for a very nice and easy tour. Let yourself enchant and walk through the sparkling starry winter night through the forest of Monbiel.
This moonlight snowshoe hike is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Leaders, Otto van Andel.
What’s the plan?
It is going to be a rather easy hike through the forest – approx. 10 km and 350m elevation gain. We will have some homemade soup, bread, and cheese, and later on the walk Glühwein (mulled wine) and a snack in between to warm up from inside.
Kit list (Moonlight snowshoe hike)
- Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF 15)
- Winter hiking boots
- Gaiters or waterproof overtrousers
- Warm and waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Base layer
- Hiking trousers
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Mug, spoon, and knife
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Water or tea
You have the possibility to rent the snowshoe equipment (snowshoes and poles) with the guide in Klosters. He will bring the equipment for you, so you don’t have to get the snowshoes in some store and bring them back again, which saves you a lot of your time!
Special reduced price: CHF 15.
How to get there?
We will meet the guide at 17:45 at Klosters Monbiel Parkplatz. We’ll be back at the car park around 22:00.
If you are traveling by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
- Zurich HB 15:38 – 17:43 Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz (via Landquart and Klosters Platz)
- Klosters Platz 22:22 – 00:48 Zurich HB (via Landquart)
We will find space in our cars to drive you back to Klosters Platz at the end of the hike so you can catch the train.
The price of the event is CHF 75.
What does the price include?
- Guided moonlight snowshoe hike with a certified International Mountain Leader
- Soup, bread, and cheese
- Glühwein & Guetzli
- Shuttle from Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz to Klosters Platz for the return trip
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz and back from Klosters Platz
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm