Moonlight guided snowshoeing, outdoor dinner & Glühwein
Snowshoe walking in the night is almost like a fairy tale, so what could be a better way to spend your Saturday night than with a very nice and easy moonlight guided snowshoeing, accompanied by a nice homemade soup, yummy Swiss cheese, and a glass of Glühwein? Let yourself enchant and walk through the sparkling starry winter night through the forest of Monbiel.
This event is led by Otto van Andel, international mountain leader.
What’s the plan
Meet Otto at 17:45 at Klosters Monbiel Parkplatz. Easy hike through the forest and in the beautiful surrounding valleys, with some breaks for snacks, dinner, and Glühwein. Return to the car park around 21:30 and 22:00 to make sure everyone catches the train.
Distance: approx. 10 km
Ascent / Descent: approx. 350m
To join this moonlight guided snowshoeing event, you need to be a relatively fit hiker. No previous snowshoeing experience needed.
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
- Zurich HB 15:38 – 17:43 Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz (via Landquart and Klosters Platz)
- Klosters Platz 22:22 – 00:48 Zurich HB (via Schiers and Landquart)
We will find space in cars to take everyone back to Klosters Platz at the end of the hike so you can catch the train.
- Winter hiking boots
- Base layers
- Hiking or skiing trousers
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm hat
- Thin gloves
- Thick gloves
- Hiking backpack (10-20L)
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Waterproof inner bags or bin bags
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out – see “Equipment rental”)
- Mug, spoon and knife
- Thermal bottle with tea
- Plasters and basic medicine
You have the possibility to rent snowshoes and poles directly from the guide for an additional CHF 15.
The price for this event is CHF 80.
Included in price
- Guided snowshoe hike with a certified International Mountain Leader
- Soup, bread, and cheese
- Glühwein & Guetzli
- Transfer from Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz to Klosters Platz for the return trip
Not included in price
- Transport to Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz and back from Klosters Platz
- Min. 4 participants
- Max. 10 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.