Introduction to Ski Touring 1/2 – Off-Piste Skills in Verbier
Step outside this winter and join our 2-course series to learn Ski Touring.
– Introduction to Ski Touring 1/2 – Off-Piste Skills in Verbier
– Introduction to Ski Touring 2/2 – Ski Touring Skills in the Mont Blanc Massif
Trips are led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Guide, Eliot Hennion.
What’s the plan?
Immerse in the ultimate adventure this winter! Explore the remote beauty of Verbier through off-piste skiing.
The famous ski resort Verbier in Valais provides endless opportunities for off-piste skiing. Our International Mountain Guide will teach you off-piste skiing safety, techniques, avalanche awareness, and the basics that will make you more confident in navigating the winter alpine backcountry.
Escape the crowded ski runs, enjoy the incredible views and breathe the freedom of an epic backcountry skiing adventure!
Meet in Le Châble in the evening. You will meet your guide who will do the briefing for the coming days. Night at a hotel in Le Châble.
Saturday and Sunday
Off-piste skiing in Verbier all weekend. Saturday dinner in a nice local restaurant and night at a hotel in Le Châble.
Requirements (Ski Touring)
To join this event, you should be a great on-piste skier and be able to ski linked, short radius turns confidently. You might also have done some off-piste skiing but feel more comfortable with a professional guide by your side.
- Touring skis
- Ski touring boots
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel
- Backpack with a waterproof cover
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Ski trousers
- Warm hat
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
You have the possibility to rent the skiing equipment in Le Châble on Saturday morning.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 17:32 – 21:15 Le Châble (via Lausanne and Martigny)
- Le Châble 17:27 – 20:58 Zurich HB (via Martigny and Lausanne) – depending on the time the course finishes
The price for this course is CHF 500.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of off-piste skiing with a UIAGM qualified mountain guide
- 2 nights of accommodation in shared rooms at a hotel in Le Chable
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Lunches and dinners (not possible because of the Covid restrictions)
- Drinks and snacks
- Skiing equipment
- Lift passes (https://www.easyverbier.com/en/)
- Travel insurance including mountain search and rescue insurance (mandatory)
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group.