Into The Wild Weekend & Bushcraft Basics
Learn wilderness bushcraft and survival skills during a weekend in the snowy mountains with Luca Durante, a specialist in archaeology, indigenous communities and their traditional way of life, and survival techniques.
What’s the plan?
We meet Luca at Ste-Croix train station on Saturday morning, and walk to our camp. The walk introduces you to the environment in which we spend the weekend.
Upon arrival at the camp, Luca shows you the camp equipment, allowing you to settle into the woodland environment. Then you will spend two days learning the basic skills to live in and off nature.
On Saturday, Luca will show you how to make fire through friction and you will build shelters for the night (or igloos if there is enough snow). We will spend the night in our self-made shelters or igloos, after sharing a nice dinner around our campfire!
On Sunday morning, after breakfast, you will be guided through the friction fire-making process to start your own fire, learn to make your own rope… And enjoy the feeling of simply spending time in the woods.
– Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF 20)
– Winter hiking boots
– Waterproof jacket and over trousers
– Down jacket
– Base layer
– Hiking trousers
– Warm hat
– Warm gloves
– Warm socks
– Backpack waterproof cover and a waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
– Head torch and spare batteries
– Sleeping mat
– 4- season sleeping bag: at least comfort 0 degrees Celsius
– Waterproof sleeping bag cover
– Spare gloves in case of rain
– Spare socks in case of rain
– Camping plate and mug to eat and drink
– Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
– Packed lunches
Nice to have:
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
– Saturday: Zurich HB 07:04 – 09:51 Ste-Croix
– Sunday: Ste-Croix 15:36 – 18:30 Zurich HB (depending on what time the event finishes)
The price of the event is CHF 200.
What does the price include?
– 2 days of bushcraft activities with a specialist and passionate, and hike or snowshoe hike with a mountain leader
– Dinner on Saturday
– Breakfast on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
– Transport to/from Ste-Croix
– Packed lunches
– Drinks and snacks
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm