Guided via ferrata Sunnighorn & raclette in a cave
Time to chill on Saturday morning and still finish the day with an amazing outdoor adventure! Join us for this guided via ferrata in the Bernese Oberland, followed by a raclette in a cave at 1350m and a hike down by night!
What’s the plan?
We meet our guides at Wimmis train station at 15:00. Once we’ve checked everyone’s equipment, we start our hike. After only a few minutes, the via ferrata starts and we climb for approximately 2 hours, switching between narrow hiking paths, rocks to scramble on, chains…
At 1350m, when we walk past our dinner venue, the cave, we can leave our bags to continue our climb up lightly and reach the summit of Sunnighorn, the highest point of our hike at 1400m. We should get there just in time for the sunset. The panoramic views of the valley, Thun Lake, and the glaciers in the background are breathtaking!
We then return to the cave for our raclette and glass of wine in a very special atmosphere!
Once we finish eating, we start our descent with headlamps, this time not on the via ferrata but on a classical hiking path, steep at the beginning but then very gentle all the way back to Wimmis.
We will make sure to be in Wimmis before 22:30 so everyone can catch the train at 22:43 to return home!
No previous climbing or via ferrata experience needed. However, you should be a fit and sure-footed hiker and you should not be afraid of heights.
Technical information: 7km / 800m ascent / 800m descent
– 20-30L backpack
– Waterproof backpack cover and/or waterproof inner bags
– Hiking boots
– Via ferrata gear: harness, helmet, via ferrata set
– Waterproof jacket
– Down jacket
– Trekking or climbing trousers
– Warm hat
– Headlamp and spare batteries
– Fork and knife
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
– Zurich HB 13:02 – 14:58 Wimmis (via Thun)
– Wimmis 22:43 – 00:37 Zurich HB (via Spiez and Bern)
The price for this event is CHF 160.
What does the price include?
– Guided via ferrata and hike with certified climbing instructors in a small group
– Candlelight raclette
– Glass of wine
What does the price NOT include?
– Transport to/from Wimmis
– Via ferrata gear (can be rented out)
Full payment by credit/debit card or PayPal at registration.
– Up to 30 days before the start of the event: 50% refund
– Less than 30 days before the start of the event: no refund (possibility to resell your ticket)
Minimum number of participants: 6
Maximum number of participants: 10
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.