Guided Mountain Bike Weekend in Valais
Join us for a guided mountain bike weekend in the breathtaking canton of Valais. We will ride on varied trails in the flowered alpine pastures, along the famous hanging “bisses” and on single balcony tracks. The views of the Matterhorn and the Dent Blanche are absolutely amazing! On the second day, we will have a long descent with 2000 meters of elevation loss all the way to Sion.
You have the possibility to rent a full suspension bike for the weekend.
This trip is led by a certified Mountain Bike Instructor.
Details (Mountain bike weekend)
Day 1: La Tzoumaz – Pic d’Artsinol
43km – 1380m ascent
We will meet at Riddes train station and take the cable car and PostAuto bus to our starting point, La Tzoumaz. We start this MTB tour with magnificent single-track trails along the famous Valais “bisses”. The “bisses” enable valleys that lack water to get water supply. After an ascent to Thyon with the chairlift, we will start our beautiful descent to Pralong. We will finish the day with a 500-meter climb to the mountain lodge where we will spend the evening and night.
Day 2: Alpage de Mandelon – Sion
35km – 1000m ascent – 2700m descent
A long and great day ahead! We will start with the highlight of the weekend, a stunning single balcony trail, facing the Matterhorn. Below us, the beautiful villages of the Evolène valley add to the charm of the place. Then we will start our descent towards Sion. The landscapes are varied: crossing of alpine pastures, canyons, and torrents follow one another for our greatest pleasure.
To join this mountain bike event, you need to be fit as there will be some long climbs, especially on day 1.
Technically, this tour would mostly be graded S1 on a Single Track Scale.
- Narrow single tracks with technical parts
- Many sharp turns
- Dirt and rock with frequent unevenness from rocks, roots, ruts, steps up to 30cm
- Rock structure: sometimes a little treacherous, slippery or overhanging
- Path width: between 20 and 50cm
- Slope: up to 40% (18°)
- Steering: an error can generally be corrected without a fall
- Full suspension mountain bike (can be rented out)
- Spare tube (if own bike)
- Backpack with waterproof cover
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Warm hat
- Lightweight towel
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pillow case
- Sun screen
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, disinfectant…)
You have the possibility to rent a full suspension mountain bike for an additional CHF 80. The bike will be brought to you in La Tsoumaz on Saturday and picked up in Sion on Sunday.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 07:02 – 09:55 Riddes (via Visp)
- Sion 16:25 – 18:58 Zurich HB (via Visp) – depending on what time we finish
The price for this event is CHF 400.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of mountain biking with a certified MTB guide
- 1 night of accommodation in a charming mountain lodge
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Cable car from Riddes to Isérables and PostAuto bus from Isérables to La Tzoumaz (we will make the reservation for the group and all bikes)
- Cable cars (Siviez – Combatzeline and Les Collons – Thyon)
- Packed lunches
- Mountain bike (can be rented out for an additional CHF 80)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 21 July 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm