Glacier Trekking on the Grand Combin Massif
Get a first mountaineering experience with this 2-day glacier trekking adventure. Explore some of the most breathtaking landscapes of the Pennine Alps, the Grand Combin massif.
This is one of the last weekends of the season for mountaineering, and most huts are already closed. The Cabane de Panossiere will also close after that weekend, so we can make the most of it before the winter season. Friday evenings in huts are always less crowded than Saturdays, and the glaciers on Saturday are also way less busy than on Sunday, which will make the adventure wilder.
This trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Guide, Guy-Robert May.
Details – Glacier Trekking on the Grand Combin Massif
You will meet your guide in Le Chable at 10:15. A mountain taxi will take you to Cabane Marcel Brunet and from there you will start the hike to Cabane Panossiere. Dinner and night at the hut.
Hike on the glacier, surrounded by stunning 4000+m summits. After a few hours hiking on the glacier, hike down to Mauvoisin lake. Return to Le Chable by bus or mountain taxi in the afternoon.
To join this event, you need to be a fit hiker. No previous mountaineering experience needed.
- Crampon compatible hiking or mountaineering boots
- 30-40L backpack
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over-trousers
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Hiking trousers
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Backpack waterproof cover and waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
- Lightweight towel, if you want to have a shower (CHF 5)
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets are provided)
- Pillow case
- Face mask
- Sun screen
- Simple pharmacy (plasters, pain killers…)
- Packed lunches
- Cash for drinks in hut
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 06:32 – 10:15 Le Chable (via Lausanne and Martigny)
- Le Chable 16:21 – 19:58 Zurich HB (via Martigny and Visp) – depending on what time we finish
The price of the event is CHF 450.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of glacier trekking with a certified instructor
- 1 night of accommodation, including dinner, bed in a dorm and breakfast
- Mountain taxis
What does the price NOT include?
- Return transport Le Chable
- Equipment (harness, crampons, poles)
- Packed lunches
Once registered, the balance is due within 7 days, or within 2 days if you sign up less than 7 days before the start of the event.
Minimum number of participants: 4
Maximum number of participants: 6
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.