Foraging Hike with Edible Wild Plant Expert & Wilderness Cooking
Spring hikes are amazing. So many flowers, so much green around us… Nature at its best! If only we knew what all these flowers, leaves, roots… can be used for! If you want to learn about it and spend a day outside hiking, picking plants and cooking with what you find, join us for this day hike in the Doubs Natural Regional Park with our wild plant expert Nina Fischer.
What’s the plan?
We meet Nina at St-Ursanne train station at 09:30 (we will wait for the train to arrive at 09:37). After a short introduction of the day, we will start our hike and forage for wild plants while walking.
Once we’ve gathered enough plants for our lunch, we will find a nice spot to make a fire and cook together on our campfire. Wild plant lunch followed by a flowery herbal tea.
Return to St-Ursanne at the end of the day for everyone to catch their train and go home, having learned about so many plants.
- Distance: approx. 5km
- Ascent/Descent: approx. 200m
The focus of the day is to gather and learn about plants. The hike itself is very easy.
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
- Zurich HB 07:34 – 09:37 St-Ursanne (via Biel/Bienne)
- St-Ursanne 16:49 – 18:56 Zurich HB (via Biel/Bienne) – depending on the time the event finishes
- Hiking or trail running shoes
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat
- Warm hat
- Hiking trousers
- Pocket knife
- 2x fabric bags to collect the plants
- Small chopping board to cut and prepare the plants
The price for this event is CHF 100.
Included in price
- Day hike, foraging and cooking with Nina Fischer, edible wild plant expert
- Lunch based on plants foraged in the morning (and some additional ingredients)
- Post-event documentation with photos and names of the plants foraged during the day
Not included in price
- Transport to/from St-Ursanne
- Water and snacks
- Min. 4 participants
- Max. 10 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.