Day Hike with Wild Plant Foraging & Cooking
Spring hikes are amazing. So many flowers, so much green around us… Nature at its best! If only we knew what all these flowers, leaves, roots… can be used for! If you want to learn about it and spend a day outside hiking, foraging, and cooking with what you find, join us for this day hike in the Doubs Natural Regional Park with our Herbalist & Edible Wild Plant Specialist Nina Fischer.
What’s the plan? (Hiking, foraging & cooking)
We will meet Nina at St-Ursanne train station at 10:00 (we will wait for the train to arrive at 10:07). After a short introduction of the day, we will start our hike and foraging for wild plants while walking.
Once we’ve gathered enough plants for our lunch, we will find a nice spot to make a fire and cook together.
After a yummy natural lunch, we will carry on hiking and continue picking some plants for our afternoon tea after the hike.
Return to St-Ursanne at the end of the day for everyone to catch their train to go home.
Distance: approx. 5-8km
Ascent: approx. 700m
Descent: approx. 700m
- Hiking boots
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun hat
- Hiking trousers
- Pocket knife
- 2x fabric bags to collect the plants
- Small chopping board to cut and prepare the plants
Nice to have:
- Hiking poles
- Waterproof over trousers
- Warm hat
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
- Zurich HB 08:04 – 10:07 St-Ursanne, gare (via Biel)
- St-Ursanne, gare 17:49 – 19:56 Zurich HB (via Biel) – depending on what time we finish
The price for this event is CHF 75.
What does the price include?
- Day hike, foraging, and cooking with Nina Fischer, Wild Plant Specialist
- Lunch based on plants foraged in the morning (and some additional ingredients)
- Afternoon herbal tea with plants foraged during the day
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to/from St-Ursanne
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
Minimum number of participants: 5
Maximum number of participants: 10
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm