Cross-country skate skiing lesson in Klosters – Beginners
Time to try out a new activity! Cross-country skiing is considered one of the healthiest sports. With a little bit of momentum and the use of the poles, almost all muscles of the body are evenly stressed. More than 75km of skating pistes in Davos Klosters provide boundless variety in a beautiful landscape.
In this 2-hour lesson, you will learn the basics of cross-country skate skiing.
This event is led by Otto van Andel, cross-country skiing instructor.
What’s the plan?
Meet Otto at Diethelmpromenade car park (5 min walk from the train station Klosters Platz) at 09:30. The course finishes around 11:30.
No previous cross-country skiing experience is needed.
How to get there
If you are traveling by public transport, we recommend you take the following:
- Zurich HB 07:07 – 08:59 Klosters Platz (via Landquart) if you need to rent the equipment, or Zurich HB 07:38 – 09:26 Klosters Platz (via Landquart) if you bring your equipment
- Klosters Platz 11:57 – 13:53 Zurich HB (via Landquart) – unless you want to stay in Klosters after the course to keep practicing!
If you are traveling by car, you can park at the meeting point directly (Diethelmpromenade car park).
- Base layers
- Leggings or skiing trousers
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm hat
- Thin gloves
- Thick gloves
Technical gear (can be rented out – see “Equipment rental”)
- Cross-country skating skis
- Cross-country skating boots
- Cross-country skiing poles
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Plasters and basic medicine
You have the possibility to rent the equipment (Nordic Set Skating) at INTERSPORT ANDRIST in Klosters, located between the train station and the meeting point. You can book it online in advance.
The price for this 2-hour skate skiing lesson with a certified instructor is CHF 80. This does not include the equipment rental.
If you join another Beginner or Intermediate course for the same person with Touring Monkeys during the same season, you get a CHF 10 discount on the second course. Please contact us to get your voucher code.
- Min. 3 participants
- Max. 6 participants
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm
View all comments