Caving Expedition at Melchsee-Frutt
We all love hiking up the mountains, but have you ever wondered what the inside of these mountains looks like?
We will meet at Zurich HB on Saturday 11 July at 7m (little car park on Museumstrasse) and will drive to Stöckalp. From there we will take the cable car up to Bonistock (via Melchsee-Frutt) and meet our caving guide there. Under his guidance, we will discover the souterrain of Melchsee-Frutt and and explore one of the largest karst caves in Switzerland. The adventure ends with the lowering down from 35m.
This activity is accessible to caving beginners, as long as you are fit and not scared of being underground!
Please wear hiking boots (the guides might not let you in if you do not wear hiking boots) and bring your packed lunch and water.
What is included:
– Return transport from Zurich HB in a van
– Instruction and distribution of material
– Hike to the cave entry and back
– Guided caving
– Gloves, helmet, headlamp, and protection suit
What is not included:
– Cable car from Stöckalp to Bonistock and back (return ticket CHF38.10 or CHF24.80 with half fare travel card): https://www.melchsee-frutt.ch/en/transport-and-tariffs/tariffs-winter/gondelbahn-luftseilbahn/
– Food and drinks
Once registered, please make the payment of the deposit (50% – CHF125) within 7 days via Twint or bank transfer (we will send you our account details). The balance is due by 15 June 2020.
We look forward to seeing you!
Celine & Alex
By signing up to this event, you agree that you have read our terms and conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group and that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.