Caving at Melchsee-Frutt
We all love hiking up the mountains, but have you ever wondered what the inside of these mountains looks like?
Join by clicking on the links below:
Details – Caving at Melchsee-Frutt
Meeting in Melchsee-Frutt at 09:00, where we will meet our caving guide. You need a car to get to Melchsee-Frutt. We have some space in our car and will leave from Zurich HB at 07:00, so let us know if you want to join and share the costs.
Under the guidance of our guide, we will discover the souterrain of Melchsee-Frutt and explore one of the largest karst caves in Switzerland. We will spend over three hours inside the cave.
Please wear hiking shoes and bring your packed lunch and water.
This activity is accessible to caving beginners, as long as you are fit and not scared of being underground and in the dark!
- Warm clothes
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Packed lunch
The price of the event is CHF 220.
What does the price include?
- Instruction and distribution of material
- Hike to the cave entry and back
- Guided caving
- Gloves, helmet, headlamp, and protection suit
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Melchsee-Frutt (possibility to join our car – the cost for the transport will be between 30 and 50 CHF for the return trip, depending on how many people join)
- Packed lunch
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 18 March 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm