6-day Guided Mountain Bike Tour on the Jura Crest Trail
Join us for a 6-day mountain bike tour on the Jura Crest Trail. Amazing views of the Jura and the Alps, variety of trails, single tracks, connection with nature, 1-2 peaks a day, stunning sunrises and sunsets… All elements are there for you to spend a wonderful week on your bike!
You have the possibility to rent a full suspension bike for the duration of the trip. And more good news: you won’t have to carry all your gear! Your luggage will be taken by car from one hotel to the other every day.
This trip is led by a certified Mountain Bike Instructor.
What’s the plan? (Mountain Bike Tour)
Sat 29 May
Meet in La Givrine in the evening for the initial briefing. Dinner and night at a nice hotel in or around La Givrine.
Sun 30 May: La Givrine – Col du Marchairuz
Our guide will meet us at the hotel in the morning. Check all bikes and equipment before starting our 6-day mountain bike tour! Dinner and night at the welcoming Hotel du Marchairuz.
Mon 31 May: Col du Marchairuz – Le Pont
Dinner and night in a charming hotel in the village, by Lac de Joux.
Tue 1 Jun: Le Pont – Mont de l’Herba (France)
Night in the beautiful chalet La Champagne, with the best views of the Jura and the Alps, booked exclusively for us, with a caterer for dinner and breakfast.
Wed 2 Jun: Mont de l’Herba – Le Chasseron
Dinner and night at Hotel du Chasseron, which offers panoramic views of over 120 km of mountains in the background. Best sunrise on the Mont Blanc!
Thu 3 Jun: Le Chasseron – Le Creux du Van
The Creux du Van is a natural rocky cirque, 1400m wide and 150m deep, very well known, which offers the most beautiful sunsets. Herds of chamoix like to enjoy the area as well! Dinner and night at La Grand Vy.
Fri 4 Jun: Le Creux du Van – Neuchatel
Last day of our bike tour, slowly leaving the mountains to get back to Neuchatel.
To join the mountain bike tour, you need to be comfortable on a mountain bike. This is more cross-country biking, no particular downhill skills needed.
The distance and ascent will vary from one day to the other, but you can expect to ride 25 – 40km per day, with up to 800m of elevation gain.
- Front or full suspension mountain bike (can be rented out)
- Spare tube (if own bike)
- Small backpack with a waterproof cover to carry with you during the day
- Backpack or small suitcase to be taken from one hotel to the other by car, so you don’t need to carry all your stuff on the bike
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Warm hat
- Lightweight towel
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
You have the possibility to rent a full suspension mountain bike for an additional CHF 200. The bike will be brought to you in La Givrine on 29 May and picked up in Neuchatel on 4 June.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
Saturday, 29 May
- Zurich HB 15:30 – 19:08 La Givrine (via Nyon)
Friday, 4 June
- Neuchatel 16:58 – 18:30 Zurich HB – depending on what time we finish
The price for this event is CHF 1200.
What does the price include?
- 6 days of mountain bike tour with a certified MTB guide
- 6 nights of accommodation in hotels and mountain lodges
- Dinner from 29 May – 3 June
- Breakfast from 30 May – 4 June
- Transport of your luggage between hotels every day
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to La Givrine on 29 May and back from Neuchatel on 5 June
- Packed lunches
- Mountain bike (can be rented out for an additional CHF 200)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 29 April 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm