2-Day Mountain Bike Tour Jungfrau Route
Do you love to mountain bike and to try some new trails with a bunch of lovely and experienced people while exploring stunning Alpine landscapes? Join us for an amazing mountain bike tour (up- and) downhill weekend in the Berner Oberland region! This 2-day event will be led by our mountain bike specialist Stefan.
What’s the plan?
We will meet at Grindelwald station at 09:45 on Saturday and take the PostAuto to Grosse Scheidegg. We will start our ride from there, cycling past the breathtaking Bachsee at 2265m. We can stop there for lunch. Once we’re back in Grindelwald, we will start our uphill towards Kleine Scheidegg.
We will stop halfway through to have dinner and spend the night at a Berghaus.
On Sunday, after our breakfast at the Berghaus, we will get back on the saddle and ride all the way up to Kleine Scheidegg, before starting a long and lovely downhill, overlooking the magical Lauterbrunnen valley. We will stop in the stunning village of Wengen for lunch. Once we’re in the valley, we will head to Interlaken where we can catch a train back to Zurich.
Ascent: approx. 2200m
Difficulty: S2 grade (you should be able to safely ride down the Uetliberg or Zugerberg Trails):
- Large roots and stones
- Steps and flat stairs can be expected
- Tight curves
- Slope up to 70% or 35 ° in sections
- Obstacles must be overcome by shifting your weight
- Constant braking readiness and shifting the center of gravity are necessary techniques, as well as precise metering of the brakes and constant body tension
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich, we recommend you to take the following trains:
- On Saturday: Zurich HB 07:02 – 09:38 Grindelwald (via Bern and Interlaken Ost)
- On Sunday: Interlaken West 17:05 – 18:58 Zurich HB (via Bern) – depending on when we finish
What does the price include (CHF300)?
- Dinner on Saturday night
- Accommodation on Saturday night (bed in a dorm)
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
- 2 full days of mountain biking, together with a mountain bike specialist
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Grindelwald and back from Interlaken
- PostAuto to Grosse Scheidegg (CHF11.90 with a half-fare travel card, CHF23.80 without) – No need to book it in advance, we will make the reservation for all of us and the bikes
- Packed lunches
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
- Full suspension mountain bike (can be rented out via rentalbike.ch: https://www.rentabike.ch/reservation
- Mountain biking helmet
- Full protective gear
- Sun cream
Minimum number of participants: 4
Maximum number of participants: 6
Once registered, please make the payment within 7 days via Twint or bank transfer (we will send you our account details).
Celine & Alex
(Please note that because of our busy schedules, we sometimes are not able to attend events ourselves)
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read our terms and conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group and that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Series – 2/3 – Lead Climbing
- 03 Jun 2023
- 8:45 am - 5:30 pm