Wild and Free Mountain Retreat
Aren’t you tired of city noise, pollution, and the news? The noise that does not even allow you to hear yourself anymore…
Would you like to immerse into discovery and exploration in one of the most beautiful places in the world – the Swiss Alps?
This multi-day hiking & mountain retreat is perfect for you who is looking for awe, coming back to nature, self-discovery, endless adventure, and time for yourself.
This event is led by Ruta Mikulenaite, Nature Therapy Guide, and Outdoor Coach.
What’s the plan?
This mountain retreat is designed for fit hikers and anyone who would like to discover mountains in a safe but wild environment. We will walk at a stable pace, taking time for being, enjoy the views, practice mindfulness, and eating outside. During 5 days we will hike, explore mountain lakes, glaciers, valleys, and ourselves.
We will start in Chable village and finish in Lourtier village. In 5 days we will hike through 60-70km of wild terrain with 5000m+ of elevation gain and spend the nights in 4 authentic Swiss mountain cabins.
Activities during the retreat
- Hiking for participants with a very good physical condition
- Nature Connection practice (shinrin yoku)
- Find and observe local life as well as flowers (edelweis…) and animals (ibex, marmottes…)
- Free time for personal reflection/relaxation
- Intimate experience: this retreat is limited to 7 participants max
- Night Hiking and Milky Way Observation
- Swimming in the Alpine lakes
- Cow bell concert
A typical day during the retreat
07.00 am Morning mindfulness
07.30 am Breakfast
08.30 am Hike Start
09.30 am Break/snacks
10.30 am Hiking hiking and hiking
12.00 pm Lunch Outside
02.30 pm Arrival at a mountain cabin
03.00 pm Time for Yourself
04.30 pm Relaxation/reflection of the day
07.00 pm Dinner
10.00 pm Stargazing/night hiking
To join this event, you must be a fit hiker and not scared of heights. The terrain is not difficult but has some steep parts/exposure therefore stable feet are a must. You have to be able to walk up to 10-15km/day with 1000m+ of elevation gain. Total km to walk during 5 days: 40-50km
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 06:32 – 10:15 Le Chable (via Lausanne and Martigny)
- Lourtier, village 15:55 – 19:58 Zurich HB (via Le Chable, Martigny, and Visp) – depending on what time we finish
The price for this event is CHF 1150.
What does the price include?
- All activities during the mountain retreat.
- Accommodation during the retreat: in authentic mountain cabins.
- All meals during the program (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks). All meals will be made in the mountain huts- mostly local and high-quality products.
What does the price NOT include?
- Transportation to Le Chable and from Lourtier
- Travel insurance
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 18 July.
If the mountain retreat needs to be canceled due to Covid-19, 50 CHF will be kept as an administration fee and the rest of the amount will be reimbursed.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.