Guided 4-day Hike: Tour Monte Rosa Saas-Fee to Zermatt
In collaboration with Julien Temple, International Mountain Leader, we propose you a splendid trek (Tour Monte Rosa) from Saas-Fee to Zermatt and the majestic Matterhorn, along the Balfrin and Europaweg altitude trails. Nights in mountain huts.
If you are a fit summer hiker, this event is for you!
Tour Monte Rosa: What’s the plan?
From Saas-Fee to Grächen via the aerial and spectacular Balfrin balcony trail. Night at Grächen Allalin guest house.
From Grächen we will take the bus to Randa, where we will climb to the suspension bridge Charles Kuonen, the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in the world, then along the Europaweg to Täschalp (2157m) and we will spend the night in Täsch.
From Täschalp we will hike along the Europaweg all the way to Zermatt from where we will climb up to the Hotel Trift (2337m).
From Hotel Trift we will walk along the Edelweis trail (Höhbalmen). That path offers one of the most stunning panoramic views of Zermatt and its 4000m: North face of Cervin, Breithorn, Liskamm, Monte Rosa… We will then hike down to the moraine of the Zmutt glacier, before going back to Zermatt through the charming Zmutt village.
If you are travelling from Zurich, we recommend you to take the following trains:
Friday 17 July 2020:
06:02 Zurich HB – 09:04 Saas-Fee (via Visp)
Monday 20 July 2020:
17:37 Zermatt – 20:58 Zurich HB (via Visp)
What does the price include (CHF500)?
– 4 days of guided hiking with an International Mountain Leader
– 3 nights of accommodation
– Dinner and breakfast in Täsch
– Dinner and breakfast at Hotel Trift
What does the price NOT include?
– Dinner and breakfast in Grächen
– Packed lunches
– 45-55 litre rucksack
– Good quality comfortable summer hiking boots
– Hiking poles
– Waterproof jacket and trousers
– Fleece jacket
– Duvet jacket
– Walking trousers and shorts
– Walking socks
– Sleeping bag liner (cotton or silk)
– Lightweight towel
– Bladder drinking system or water bottles, minimum 2 litres
– Smart wool / quick-dry tops
– Warm hat and gloves
– Sun hat
– Personal first aid kit (blister kit, plasters, pain killers, wet wipes, hand sanitiser)
– Suncream and lip protection
– Waterproof bags or a waterproof rucksack liner
– Small wash-kit
Once registered, please make the payment of a 50% deposit within 7 days via Twint or bank transfer (we will send you an invoice with our account details). The balance is due by 17 June 2020.
Minimum number of participants to run the Tour Monte Rosa event: 6
Maximum number of participants: 8
Celine & Alex
(Please note that because of our busy schedules, we sometimes are not able to attend events ourselves)
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read our terms and conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group and that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.