Sport Climbing Weekend in Ticino – Practice top rope and/or start lead climbing
Join us for a weekend in Ticino to practice and improve your sport climbing skills. We will stay at Villa Edera, a beautiful hostel in the middle of the stunning Valle Onsernone.
This trip is led by Ubaldo Montes de Oca Luna, climbing instructor.
What’s the plan?
We will meet at Wild Valley Hostel Villa Edera on Friday evening. Dinner and night at the villa.
On Saturday morning, after an energizing breakfast, Ubaldo will brief you and check/distribute the gear to everyone before heading to the crag. You will spend the whole day learning new skills, practicing top-rope climbing, and being initiated to lead climbing. After a long day outside, we will return to the villa and enjoy a nice dinner outside in the garden!
On Sunday, we will head to either the same or another crag, keep practicing what we learned on day 1 and learn more techniques.
To join this sport climbing event, you need to have some basic climbing skills (top rope is enough), either indoors or outdoors.
- Lightweight backpack (20L)
- Climbing shoes
- Harness (can be rented out)
- Helmet (can be rented out)
- Belay device for double ropes (can be rented out)
- 4x Locking carabiners (can be rented out)
- Sun hat
- Lightweight towel
- Simple first aid kit with things that you may need
You have the possibility to rent a climbing helmet, harness, belay device, and 4 locking carabiners for an additional CHF 20.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 17:33 – 20:20 Auressio, Paese (via Bellinzona and Locarno) – The bus stop is located in front of the villa.
- Auressio 17:03 – 19:55 Zurich HB (via Locarno, Bellinzona, and Arth-Goldau) – depending on when we finish climbing.
The price of the sport climbing event is CHF 450.
What does the price include?
- 2 full days of outdoor rock climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
- Accommodation on Friday and Saturday night (shared rooms)
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- “Raid-the-fridge” policy for snacks and sandwiches
- Climbing ropes and quickdraws
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to/from Auressio
- Climbing equipment (see “Kit list”)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 25 May 2021.
Minimum number of participants: 3
Maximum number of participants: 6
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.