Snowshoeing Weekend to Spitzmeilenhütte
We will take you to Flumserberg and from there start our snowshoeing tour to Spitzmeilenhütte, where we will spend the night before walking back on Sunday.
What’s the plan? (Snowshoeing Weekend)
Saturday 14 March 2020
Meeting at Zurich HB, on the small car park on Museumstrasse at 09:00. Drive to Tannenbodenalp, Flumserberg where we will park. Gondola lift to Maschgenkam. Snowshoeing to Spitzmeilenhütte with a picnic break. Dinner and night in the hut.
Sunday 15 March 2020
Breakfast at the hut. Snowshoeing back to Flumserberg. We can have lunch together at Flumserberg before heading back to Zurich.
Total walking duration for the weekend: 5-6 hours
Ascent: 650 meters
Descent: 650 meters
What does the price include (CHF190)?
– Return transfer from Zurich HB
– Picnic lunch on Saturday
– Dinner at Spitzmeilenhütte on Saturday
– Accommodation at Spitzmeilenhütte on Saturday
– Hut sleeping bag (mandatory)
– Breakfast at Spitzmeilenhütte on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
– Gondola lift from Tannenbodenalp to Maschgenkam
– Snowshoes (snowshoes can be rented for an additional CHF20 – please let us know when you sign up)
– Warm and waterproof clothes
– Ski trousers or gaiters
– Warm and waterproof hiking or snow boots
– Gloves, woolen hat, and buff
– Sleeping bag liner (sleeping bags are provided)
– Snowshoes (and trekking poles – optional)
– Simple first aid kit with things that you may need
Once registered, please make the payment within 7 days via Twint or bank transfer (we will send you our account details). Please let us know if you are a member of the SAC as there is a CHF12 discount on accommodation.
Celine & Alex
This is not a guided tour. We hold no responsibility for anything that can happen during the event. All individuals are responsible for their own judgment, choices, and actions. It is your responsibility to make sure you are insured against any risks associated with our activities.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read our terms and conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group and that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.