Peaksnhuts Mountain Hike in the French Pyrenees
In collaboration with Louise Chandler, International Mountain Leader, we propose you a long weekend mountain hike in France with a wonderful 3-day mountain walk to explore the mountains in the French Ariege Pyrenees.
The mountains in this area are majestic with sharp tooth-like ridges appearing from every direction. The mountain refuge is set in the most idyllic locations beside lakes and mountain streams. The only access is by foot or helicopter so you will experience a real sense of isolation and peacefulness.
A continental breakfast and a packed lunch are provided at the refuge and the 3-course evening meal will be hearty tasty and a very social affair as we will sit on large tables with fellow hikers. The hut guardians take great pride in feeding their hungry visitors and a lot of the produce is grown on the mountain.
If you are a fit summer walker and looking to experience hut to hut mountain hike, then this trip is for you!
What’s the plan?
Day 1 – 24/09/2020
Arrival in Toulouse. Airport transfer from Toulouse airport at 20:30 to Lesparrou Retreats and Adventures. Dinner and night at Lesparrou Retreats and Adventures.
Day 2 – 25/09/2020
Transfer to the start of the trek, Port de l’Hers, and walk to the Refuge de Bassies. Dinner and night at the refuge.
Day 3 – 26/09/2020
Day walk from refuge taking in the summit of Pique Rouge de Bassies. After the mountain hike, return to the refuge. Dinner and night at the refuge.
Day 4 – 27/09/2020
Walk back to the vehicle and transfer back to Lesparrou Retreats and Adventures. Dinner and night at Lesparrou Retreats and Adventures.
Day 5 – 28/09/2020
Transfer to Toulouse airport at 09:00 (arrival at the airport at 11:00)
Technical information (French Pyrenees Mountain Hike)
Walking duration: 5-7 hours per day
Mountain Hike Altitude:
Start point Port de l’Hers: 1500m
Refuge de Bassies: 1650m
High point day 1: 1900m
High point day 2: 2679m
Endpoint day 3: 850m
If you are traveling from Switzerland, we recommend you to book the following flights:
Thursday 24 September 2020:
Basel EuroAirport 18:30 – 19:55 Toulouse
Monday 28 September 2020:
Toulouse 14:40 – 16:05 Basel EuroAirport
What does the price include (CHF470)?
– Transfers from Toulouse airport and back
– Transfers to the trek and back
– 3 days of a mountain hike with an International Mountain Leader
– 2 nights of accommodation at Lesparrou Retreats and Adventures
– 2 nights of accommodation at Refuge de Bassies (dorms with blankets and pillows provided)
– Dinner on day 1
– Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4
– Breakfast on day 5
What does the price NOT include?
– Shower tokens at the hut
– 45-55 liter rucksack
– Good quality comfortable summer hiking boots
– Hiking poles
– Waterproof jacket and trousers
– Fleece jacket
– Duvet jacket
– Walking trousers and shorts
– Walking socks
– Sleeping bag liner (cotton or silk)
– Lightweight towel
– Bladder drinking system or water bottles, minimum 2 liters
– Smart wool / quick-dry tops
– Warm hat and gloves
– Sun hat
– Personal first aid kit (blister kit, plasters, pain killers, wet wipes, hand sanitizer)
– Suncream and lip protection
– Flip flops/sandals for hut use (optional – there are crocks at the hut)
– Waterproof bags or a waterproof rucksack liner
– Small wash-kit
Once registered, please make the payment of the deposit within 7 days via Twint or bank transfer (we will send you our account details). The balance is due by 24 August 2020.
Minimum number of participants to run the event: 4
Celine & Alex
(Please note that because of our busy schedules, we sometimes are not able to attend events ourselves)
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read our terms and conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group and that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.