Outdoor Climbing Weekend for Beginners in Ticino
Now that the snow is melting, join us for a weekend in Ticino to learn the basics of outdoor rock climbing!
This trip is led by Ubaldo Montes De Oca Luna, Climbing Instructor.
What’s the plan?
We will meet our climbing instructor Ubaldo in Ponte Brolla at 10:00. He will teach you the basic techniques and safety rules for outdoor rock climbing. In the evening, we will stay in a charming hostel in the countryside, have a nice dinner and some drinks all together!
After an energizing breakfast on Sunday, we will head back to the crag, keep practicing what we learned on day 1 and learn more techniques. Return to Ponte Brolla station at the end of the afternoon.
Great if you’ve done some bouldering or rock climbing before, but it’s not a must! “Complete beginner”-friendly.
- Lightweight backpack (20L)
- Climbing shoes
- Harness (can be rented out)
- Helmet (can be rented out)
- Belay device for double ropes (can be rented out)
- Locking carabiner (can be rented out)
- Sun cream
- Packed lunches
- Sleeping bag liner
- Lightweight towel
- Simple first aid kit with things that you may need
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 07:33 – 10:00 Ponte Brolla (via Bellinzona and Locarno)
- Ponte Brolla 16:51 – 19:27 Zurich HB (via Locarno and Bellinzona) – depending on when we finish climbing
If anyone is traveling from Zurich and is interested in joining me in my car to share the costs, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. CHF 30-50 for the return trip, depending on how many people join.
The price of the event is CHF 420.
What does the price include?
- 2 full days of outdoor rock climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
- Accommodation on Saturday night
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Climbing ropes and quickdraws
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to and from Ponte Brolla
- Climbing equipment (see kit list) – can be rented out (see “Equipment rental”)
- Packed lunches
You have the possibility to rent the following equipment:
- Harness: CHF 20
- Helmet: CHF 20
- Belay device and locking carabiner: CHF 20
Minimum number of participants: 4
Maximum number of participants: 6
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 24 March 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.