Outdoor Climbing Course 3/3 – Alpine Rock Climbing
Step outside this Summer and sign up for our Outdoor Rock Climbing 3-Course Series.
You will learn new skills, discover beautiful climbing spots, and find the joy in outdoor climbing. These courses are aimed at you becoming a more confident climber.
Trips are led by Tim Dunham, Climbing Instructor, and International Mountain Leader.
Course 1 – Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing:
13 & 14 June – https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/270826427/
11 & 12 July – https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/270381036/
Course 2 – Lead Sport Climbing, Belaying, and Anchors:
8 & 9 August: https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/270381435/
22 & 23 August: https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/270926715/
Course 3 – Alpine Rock Climbing:
Apply your newly acquired skills from courses 1 & 2 at an Alpine Rock Climbing weekend. This is the trip at the end of the season when it all comes together, by practicing your lead climbing, belaying, and anchor skills in a high-altitude setting. We’ll stay overnight in a mountain hut with access to climbing routes right out the front
Participation in Course 2 – Lead Sport Climbing, Belaying and Anchors, or previous experience with outdoor lead climbing.
Also on 29 & 30 August: https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/271052269/
What’s the plan?
Tim will meet the group in front of the Göschenen train station at 09:10 on Saturday. From there we will take the PostBus up to Dammagletscher and hike to the stunning Bergseehütte (located at 2,370m). There we will refresh what we learned in course 2, enjoy some alpine rock climbing and acquire more advanced skills.
We stay overnight in the well-known Bergseehütte, where we will enjoy the evening with good conversation, a nice dinner and wine, and stay overnight.
After breakfast on Sunday, we will continue to explore the various rock climbing areas and practice the skills we learned on Saturday. There is even a Via Ferrata route in the same area. After a second full day of climbing, we will hike back to Dammagletscher and take the Bus back to Göschenen train station.
How to get there?
If you are travelling from Zurich, we recommend you to take the following trains:
– Saturday: Zurich HB 07:04 – 09:08 Göschenen (via Arth-Goldau and Erstfeld), then PostAuto B411 towards Göscheneralp, Dammagletscher, departure at 09:15, and get off at Göscheneralp, Dammagletscher
– Sunday: PostAuto B411 to Göschenen (last departure from Göscheneralp, Dammagletscher at 17:15), then Göschenen 17:52 – 20:08 Zurich HB
Price for one weekend: CHF 400
Package price for all 3 weekends: CHF 1,000
What does the price include?
– Accommodation on Saturday night, including 3-course menu dinner, bed in a dorm and breakfast
– 2 full days of climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
– Climbing equipment: ropes, quickdraws, carabiners, etc.
What does the price NOT include?
– Transport to and from Dammagletscher
– Packed lunches
– Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
– Climbing shoes
– Climbing helmet
– Harness and belay device (can be rented out for an additional CHF 20)
– Chalk bag if you have
– Sleeping bag liner (blankets provided)
Celine & Alex
(Please note that because of our busy schedules, we sometimes are not able to attend events ourselves)
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.