Outdoor Climbing Course 3/3 – Alpine Rock Climbing
Step outside this Summer and sign up for our 3 series of Learn Rock Climbing in Switzerland Course.
- Outdoor Climbing Course 1 – Introduction to Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Climbing Course 2 – Lead Sport Climbing, Belaying, and Anchors
- Outdoor Climbing Course 3 – Alpine Rock Climbing
You will learn new skills, discover beautiful climbing spots, and find the joy in outdoor rock climbing. These courses are aimed at you becoming a more confident climber.
Trips are led by one of our Touring Monkeys Climbing Instructor and International Mountain Leader, Tim Dunham.
Course 3 – Alpine Rock Climbing
Contents of the course
Apply your newly acquired skills from courses 1 & 2 at an Alpine Rock Climbing weekend.
This is the trip at the end of the season when it all comes together, by practising your lead climbing, belaying and anchor skills in a high-altitude setting.
We’ll stay overnight in a mountain hut with access to climbing routes right out the front.
- 5 & 6 September https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/270381437/
- 17 & 18 October https://www.meetup.com/TouringMonkeys/events/273292541/
Participation in Course 2 – Lead Sport Climbing, Belaying and Anchors, or previous experience with outdoor lead climbing.
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing helmet
- Harness and belay device (can be rented out for an additional CHF 20)
- Chalk bag if you have
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets provided)
What’s the plan?
Tim will meet the group at Golzern, Talstation Seilbahn at 10:15. We will either hike all the way up or take the gondola up to Golzern and hike to Windgällenhütte. We will be able to drop some of our stuff at the hut before walking to one of the many crags around it. There we will refresh what we learned in course 2, enjoy some alpine climbing and acquire more advanced skills.
We will enjoy the evening with good conversation, a nice dinner and wine, and stay overnight at this lovely hut.
After breakfast on Sunday, we will continue to explore the climbing area and practice the skills we learned on Saturday, this time on a different crag. After a second full day of climbing, we will find our way back to the train station.
Price for one weekend: CHF 400
Package price for all 3 weekends: CHF 1,000
What does the price include?
- Accommodation on Saturday night, including 3-course menu dinner, bed in a dorm and breakfast
- 2 full days of climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
- Climbing equipment: ropes, quickdraws, carabiners, etc.
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to and from Golzern
- Gondola to Golzern
- Packed lunches
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.