Lead Climbing Refresher Course
You’ve led climbed before but would love a refresher course before the season kicks off? Maybe you’ve done lead climbing indoors and would love to apply your skills to the outdoors, maybe you need a reminder about how to set and clear your anchor, or maybe you just feel more comfortable going with a professional climbing instructor before going with your friends? In any case, joining this event is a great decision!
This trip is led by Tim Dunham, Climbing Instructor.
What’s the plan?
Tim will meet the group in front of the Schwyz train station at 10:00 and will give you a lift to Ibergeregg, where we will refresh the fundamentals of lead climbing and practice all day in an alpine environment.
At the end of the day, we will settle into a lovely Berghaus where we will enjoy the evening with a nice dinner. We will stay there overnight.
On Sunday after breakfast, we will go explore another climbing area for another full day of outdoor climbing! The location could be Gersau but we will adapt depending on the conditions. At the end of the day, return to Schwyz train station, from where you can take a train back home.
To join this lead climbing course, you need to be able to lead climb, whether indoors or outdoors.
Kit list (Lead Climbing)
- Climbing shoes
- Harness, belay device, locking carabiner, and climbing helmet (can be rented out)
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets are provided)
- Lightweight towel
- Water (min. 2L)
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
Nice to have:
- Chalk bag
- Additional locking carabiners (min. 4)
You have the possibility to rent a harness, belay device, locking carabiner, and climbing helmet for an additional CHF 20.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 09:05 – 10:01 Schwyz (via Arth-Goldau)
- Schwyz 17:10 – 18:14 Zurich HB (via Arth-Goldau) – depending on what time we finish
The price for this event is CHF 420.
What does the price include?
- Accommodation on Saturday night, including 3-course menu dinner, bed in a dorm, and breakfast
- 2 full days of lead climbing in a small group with a dedicated climbing instructor
- Climbing equipment: ropes, quickdraws, carabiners, etc.
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to and from Ibergeregg
- Packed lunches
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days and the balance by 15 April 2021, one month before the event starts.
Minimum number of participants: 3
Maximum number of participants: 6
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.