Lake District – Peak to Pub Trail
Lake District is surely one of the most beautiful national parks of England.
The Lake District Peak to Pub is an epic 7-day route, over 35 of the Lake District’s best mountains, ending each day in 7 of its best pubs. A total of 124 kilometers, 10’217 meters of ascent, and 35 peaks summited.
If you are a very fit hiker and beer drinker, then you should definitely join us!
Minimum number of participants to run the event: 6
Maximum number of participants: 8
What’s the itinerary/plan?
We will meet at The George Hotel in Keswick on Sunday 16 May in the afternoon, have a pint, a nice dinner, and a restful night before starting our long and very demanding 7-day (Lake District Peak) hike.
Day 1: Keswick to Buttermere
Peaks: Cat Bells (451m), Maiden Moor (576m), High Spy (653m), Dale Head (753m), Robinson (737m) and High Snockrigg (526m)
Night at The Bridge Hotel in Buttermere.
Day 2: Buttermere to Wasdale
Peaks: Haystacks (597m), Brandreth (715m), Green Gable (801m) and Great Gable (899m)
Night at The Wasdale Head Inn in Wasdale.
Day 3: Wasdale to Eskdale
Peaks: Scafell Pike (978m), Sca Fell (964m) and Slight Side (762m)
Night at The Woolpack Inn in Eskdale.
Day 4: Eskdale to Langdale
Peaks: Harter Fell (653m), Coniston Old Man (803m), Swirl How (802m) and Great Carrs (785m)
Night at The New Dungeon Ghyll in Langdale.
Day 5: Langdale to Grasmere
Peaks: Pavey Ark (700m), High Raise (762m), Calf Cragg (537m), Gibson Knot (420m) and Helm Crag (405m)
Night at The Traveller’s Rest in Grasmere.
Day 6: Grasmere to Threlkeld
Peaks: Dollywagon Pike (858m), Nethermost Pike (891m), Helvellyn (950m), Whiteside (863m), Raise (883m), Stybarrow Dodd (843m), Watson’s Dodd (789m), Great Dodd (857m) and Clough Head (726m)
Night at The Horse & Farrier Inn in Threlkeld.
Day 7: Threlkeld to Keswick
Peaks: Blencathra (868m), Sale How (666m), Skiddaw (931m) and Carl Side (746m)
Night at The George Hotel in Keswick.
Day 8: Full English goodbye breakfast
After breakfast, we will say goodbye and go back home for a long bath and rest after a wonderful and exhausting week!
Keswick is located 2 hours away from Manchester and Glasgow airports (or 3 hours by train), and 2.5 hours away from Edinburgh airport (4 hours by train), which leaves you plenty of choices if you need to fly to the UK!
The cost is CHF1’000 or GBP850 per participant
Once registered, please make the payment of a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 16 March 2021.
What does the price include?
- 8 nights of accommodation in twin rooms in 7 different pubs (Sunday 16 – Monday 24)
- Breakfast on each day (Monday 17 – Monday 24)
- One pint a day to keep the doctor away
- 7 days hiking in wonderful British landscapes
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Keswick
- Lunches and dinners (we have booked a table in each pub at 19:00 every night but everyone is free to eat whatever they like)
- Additional drinks
- 30-litre rucksack with a waterproof cover and additional waterproof bag (i.e.: trash bag) to ensure your personal items stay dry
- Bladder drinking system or water bottles, minimum 2 litres
- Hiking Boots or Trail Runners (break them in before)
- Comfortable walking trousers (can opt for the ones that can convert into shorts)
- Quick-dry T-Shirt for the day and one for the evening
- 2x walking socks
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and overtrousers
- Lightweight towel
- Sun hat
- Personal first aid kit (blister kit, plasters, pain killers, wet wipes, hand sanitiser)
- Suncream and lip protection
- Hiking poles
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.