Introduction to Ski Touring 2/2 – Ski Touring Skills
Step outside this winter and join our 2-course series to learn Ski Touring.
- Introduction to Ski Touring 1/2 – Off-Piste Skiing in Chamonix
- Introduction to Ski Touring 2/2 – Ski Touring Introduction
Trips are led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Guide, Eliot Hennion.
What’s the plan?
If you are a physically fit and a great off-piste skier ready to be challenged by the breathtaking terrain of the Mont-Blanc massif, then join us in this epic adventure!
Our International Mountain Guide will teach safety, techniques, avalanche awareness, and instructions on navigating winter alpine backcountry. He will ensure that you have an ultimate adventure whilst ensuring safety during the tour.
You will be surrounded by some of the highest mountains in Europe, which provide endless opportunities for ski touring. Escape the crowded ski runs, wake up to incredible views in a mountain hut and breathe the freedom of an epic backcountry skiing adventure!
Meet in Geneva at 19:30. Julien, your Touring Monkeys host, will pick you up in Geneva and drive you to your accommodation in Chamonix. Night at La Chaumière Lodge.
After breakfast, the participants who need to rent some equipment will have the possibility to do so. Off-piste skiing all day in the Chamonix area and return to Chamonix in the evening. Dinner and night at La Chaumière Lodge.
Days 3 & 4
2-day ski tour with a night in a mountain hut. Return to Chamonix on Sunday afternoon, return of the rented equipment and shuttle back to Geneva at the end of the day for the participants to catch their train back home.
To join this event, you should be a great off-piste skier and be able to ski linked, short radius turns confidently. Alternatively, you should have joined our Learn Ski Touring Course 1/2.
- Touring skis
- Ski touring boots
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Backpack with waterproof cover
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Ski trousers
- Warm hat
- Lightweight towel
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner
- Sun screen
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
You have the possibility to rent the skiing equipment and avalanche devices in Chamonix on Friday morning.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation:
- Thursday: Zurich HB 16:32 – 19:27 Geneva Airport
- Sunday: Geneva Airport 17:05 – 19:56 Zurich HB – depending on the time the course finishes
The price for course 2/2 is CHF 850.
The price for course 1/2 and course 2/2 is CHF 1’600 (CHF 100 disount for signing up to both events).
What does the price include?
- 3 days of off-piste skiing with a UIAGM qualified mountain guide
- 2 nights of accommodation at La Chaumière Lodge in Chamonix
- 1 night of accommodation in a mountain hut
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2 and 3
- Breakfast and lunch on day 4
- Transfer from Geneva on Thursday and back to Geneva on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Dinner on day 1
- Skiing equipment
- Lift passes (we will advise you on which lift passes you will need prior to your trip)
- Travel insurance including a mountain search and rescue insurance (mandatory)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 7 December 2020.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.