Introduction to Ski Touring 1/2 – Off-Piste Skills
Step outside this winter and join our 2-course series to learn Ski Touring.
- Introduction to Ski Touring 1/2 – Off-Piste Skills
- Introduction to Ski Touring 2/2 – Ski Touring Skills
Trips are led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Guide, Eliot Hennion.
What’s the plan?
Immerse in the ultimate adventure this winter! Explore the remote beauty of Chamonix through off-piste skiing.
Chamonix, surrounded by some of the highest mountains in Europe, provides endless opportunities for off-piste skiing. Our International Mountain Guide will teach you off-piste skiing safety, techniques, avalanche awareness, and the basics that will make you more confident in navigating winter alpine backcountry.
Escape the crowded ski runs, enjoy the incredible views and breathe the freedom of an epic backcountry skiing adventure!
Meet in Geneva at 19:30. Julien, your Touring Monkeys host, will pick you up in Geneva and drive you to your accommodation in Chamonix. Night at La Chaumière Lodge.
After breakfast, the participants who need to rent some equipment will have the possibility to do so. Then, shuttle to St Gervais, where you will meet your guide. Off-piste skiing in St Gervais all day and return to Chamonix in the evening. Dinner and night at La Chaumière Lodge.
Off-piste skiing in Chamonix all day. Dinner and night at La Chaumière Lodge.
Descent of the worldwide famous 20 kilometer long Vallée Blanche, from the top of Aiguilles du Midi, in a unique alpine environment. Return of the rented equipment and shuttle back to Geneva at the end of the day for the participants to catch their train back home.
To join this event, you should be a great on-piste skier and be able to ski linked, short radius turns confidently. You might also have done some off-piste skiing but feel more comfortable with a professional guide by your side.
- Touring skis
- Ski touring boots
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Backpack with waterproof cover
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Ski trousers
- Warm hat
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sun screen
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
You have the possibility to rent the skiing equipment and avalanche devices in Chamonix on Friday morning.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation:
- Thursday: Zurich HB 16:32 – 19:27 Geneva Airport
- Sunday: Geneva Airport 17:05 – 19:56 Zurich HB – depending on the time the course finishes
The price for course 1/2 is CHF 850.
The price for course 1/2 and course 2/2 is CHF 1’600 (CHF 100 disount for signing up to both events).
What does the price include?
- 3 days of off-piste skiing with a UIAGM qualified mountain guide
- 3 nights of accommodation at La Chaumière Lodge in Chamonix
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2 and 3
- Breakfast and lunch on day 4
- Transfer from Geneva on Thursday and back to Geneva on Sunday
- On site shuttles between ski resorts if needed
What does the price NOT include?
- Dinner on day 1
- Skiing equipment
- Lift passes (we will advise you on which lift passes you will need prior to your trip)
- Travel insurance including a mountain search and rescue insurance (mandatory)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 7 December 2020.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.