Into The Wild Weekend – Bushcraft Basics
Learn wilderness bushcraft and survival skills during a weekend in the forest with Luca Durante, a specialist in archaeology, indigenous communities and their traditional way of life, and survival techniques.
What’s the plan?
We will meet Luca at a given location near Fribourg on Saturday morning, and walk to our camp in the forest. The walk introduces you to the environment in which you will spend the weekend.
Upon arrival at your camp, Luca will show you the camp equipment, allowing you to settle into the woodland environment. Then you will spend two days learning the basic survival skills: how to make fire, how to build a shelter, how to make rope, how to forage for natural food…
You will be guided through the shelter building process, and then it’s up to you to build your own!
We will spend the night under the stars or in our self-made shelters, after sharing a nice fondue and some wine around our campfire!
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket and over trousers
- Down jacket
- Base layer
- Hiking trousers
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Backpack waterproof cover and waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping mat
- 4- season sleeping bag -10 degrees Celsius (or warmer)
- Waterproof sleeping bag cover (optional but recommended)
- Camping plate and mug to eat and drink
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Packed lunches
How to get there?
We will confirm the location at a later stage, but it will be in the Fribourg area, accessible by public transport. We will be driving and can also share the car with some of you as well.
The price of the event is CHF 180.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of bushcraft activities with a specialist and passionate
- Fondue and wine on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to event location (to be confirmed) in the Fribourg area
- Packed lunches
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 12 November 2020.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.