Into The Wild Weekend & Bushcraft Basics
Learn wilderness bushcraft and survival skills during a weekend in the snowy mountains with Luca Durante, a specialist in archaeology, indigenous communities and their traditional way of life, and survival techniques.
What’s the plan?
We meet Luca at Chavornay, gare on Saturday at 10:05. From there we drive to a nearby car park and walk to our camp. The walk introduces you to the environment in which we spend the weekend.
Upon arrival at the camp, Luca shows you the camp equipment, allowing you to settle into the woodland environment. Then you will spend two days learning the basic skills to live in and off nature.
On Saturday, Luca will show you how to make fire through friction and you will build shelters for the night (or igloos if there is enough snow). We will spend the night in our self-made shelters or igloos, after sharing a nice dinner around our campfire!
On Sunday morning, after breakfast, you will be guided through the friction fire-making process to start your own fire, learn to make your own rope… And enjoy the feeling of simply spending time in the woods.
– Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF 30)
– Winter hiking boots
– Waterproof jacket and over trousers
– Down jacket
– Base layer
– Hiking trousers
– Warm hat
– Warm gloves
– Warm socks
– Backpack waterproof cover and a waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
– Head torch and spare batteries
– Sleeping mat
– 4- season sleeping bag: at least comfort 0 degrees Celsius
– Waterproof sleeping bag cover
– Spare gloves in case of rain
– Spare socks in case of rain
– Camping plate and mug to eat and drink
– Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
– Packed lunches
Nice to have:
How to get there?
Meeting at Chavornay, gare at 10:05. If you are travelling by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
-Saturday: Zurich HB 08:04 – 10:05 Chavornay, gare (via Yverdon-les-Bains)
-Sunday: Chavornay, gare 16:52 – 18:56 Zurich HB (via Yverdon-les-Bains) – depending on what time the event finishes
The price of the event is CHF 200.
Included in price
– 2 days of bushcraft activities with a specialist and passionate, and hike or snowshoe hike with a mountain leader
– Dinner on Saturday
– Breakfast on Sunday
Not included in price
– Transport to the event location (to be confirmed)
– Packed lunches
– Drinks and snacks
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.