Full Moon Guided Snowshoe Hike, Outdoor Dinner & Glühwein
Snowshoe walking in the night is almost like a fairy tale and the next full moon is on 28 March, so this Saturday will be the perfect time for a very nice and easy tour in the moonlight. Let yourself enchant and walk through the sparkling starry winter night through the forest of Monbiel.
This trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Leaders, Otto van Andel.
What’s the plan?
It is going to be a rather easy hike through the forest – approx. 10 km and 350m elevation gain. We will have some homemade soup, bread, and cheese, and later on the walk Glühwein (mulled wine) and a snack in between to warm up from inside.
- Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF 15)
- Winter hiking boots
- Gaiters or waterproof overtrousers
- Warm and waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Base layer
- Hiking trousers
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Mug, spoon, and knife
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Water or tea
You have the possibility to rent the snowshoe equipment (snowshoes and poles) with the guide in Klosters. He will bring the equipment for you, so you don’t have to get the snowshoes in some store and bring them back again, which saves you a lot of your time!
The price for the rental is CHF 15.
How to get there?
We will meet the guide at 17:45 at Klosters Monbiel Parkplatz. We’ll be back at the car park around 22:00.
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation.
- Zurich HB 14:38 – 16:43 Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz (via Landquart and Klosters Platz)
- Klosters Platz 22:22 – 00:48 Zurich HB (via Schiers and Landquart)
We will find space in our cars to drive you back to Klosters Platz at the end of the hike so you can catch the train.
If anyone is traveling back to Zurich at the end of the day and is interested in joining me in my car to share the costs, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis (unfortunately I will already be in Klosters so I can only drive you back). CHF 10-20 for the trip, depending on how many people join.
The price of the event is CHF 75.
What does the price include?
- Guided snowshoe hike with a certified International Mountain Leader
- Soup, bread, and cheese
- Glühwein & Guetzli
- Transfer from Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz to Klosters Platz for the return trip
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to Klosters, Monbiel Parkplatz and back from Klosters Platz
Join by clicking on the links below:
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.