Deep Water Soloing / Climbing in Mallorca
Have you ever heard of Deep Water Soloing? Deep Water Soloing is the purest form of climbing: solo rock climbing above the sea, in other words, climbing up cliffs and falling straight into the water!
DWS has been around since the ’70s and has major roots in Mallorca.
October is the last summer month in Mallorca. The temperatures are 23 – 25 °C. The beaches are uncrowded, but the seawater is still warm (around 21 °C).
We will be staying in a villa with an outdoor pool, in the South of the island, close to many DWS spots. The villa is located in the small village of S’Horta, which has some bars and restaurants to go out in the evening.
If some of you do not want to go Deep Water Soloing every day, there are many other activities that can be done on the island: hundreds of hikes, canyoning, rock climbing, kayaking, scuba diving… The island has a lot to offer!
Minimum number of participants to run the event: 8
Maximum number of participants: 11
What’s the plan?
Day 1: Arrival at Palma de Mallorca airport and transfer to accommodation
Days 2, 3, 4, 5: Deep Water Soloing at different spots every day, or other activities if you wish (one of us will be very happy to organize a hike every day and have one group climbing and one group hiking)
Day 6: Transfer to Palma de Mallorca airport and return home
Examples of DWS spots:
- Cala Varques: beach and sea cliffs 45-minute approach from the road.
- Cala Sa Nau: parking near the beach, 20-minute approach to sea cliffs.
- Cala Santanyi: easy access to the beachside village.
- Strong climber, in order to enjoy the overhanging rocks above
the ocean. There are some easier routes but the stronger you are, the more fun you will have!
- Confident swimmer and able to tread water for 3 min. DWS is
above the ocean and exiting the water can some times be difficult.
- Travel insurance and Accident insurance are a must
- REGA Patron (highly recommended)
Once registered, please make the payment of a 50% deposit within 7 days (we will send you an invoice with our account details). The balance is due by 28 August 2020.
What does the price include?
- 4 days of Deep Water Soloing with a climbing instructor
- 5 nights in twin rooms in a stunning villa with an outdoor pool
- Transfers from and to Palma de Mallorca airport
- Transfers to the climbing spots or hikes every day
- Breakfast for 5 days (Tuesday – Saturday)
- Packed lunch for 4 days (Tuesday – Friday)
- Welcome barbecue on Tuesday evening
What does the price NOT include?
- Flights to Palma de Mallorca
- Dinners (except for the welcome barbecue on Tuesday, everyone is free to do what they want in the evening: cooking at home, ordering pizza, going out…)
- Additional activities