Into The Wild Weekend – Bushcraft Basics & Igloo Making
Learn wilderness bushcraft and survival skills during a weekend in the snowy mountains with Luca Durante, a specialist in archaeology, indigenous communities and their traditional way of life, and survival techniques.
What’s the plan?
We will meet Luca at a given location in Fribourg or Valais canton on Saturday morning, and walk to our camp. The walk introduces you to the environment in which you will spend the weekend.
Upon arrival at your camp, Luca will show you the camp equipment, allowing you to settle into the woodland environment. Then you will spend two days learning the basic survival skills.
You will be guided through the fire-making and igloo-building process, and then it’s up to you to build your own!
We will spend the night in our self-made igloos, after sharing a nice fondue and some wine around our campfire!
– Snowshoes and poles (can be rented out for an additional CHF 20)
– Winter hiking boots
– Waterproof jacket and over trousers
– Down jacket
– Base layer
– Hiking trousers
– Warm hat
– Warm gloves
– Backpack waterproof cover and a waterproof bag to keep your personal items dry
– Head torch and spare batteries
– Sleeping mat
– 4- season sleeping bag -10 degrees Celsius (or warmer)
– Waterproof sleeping bag cover
– Camping plate and mug to eat and drink
– Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
– Packed lunches
How to get there?
We will confirm the location at a later stage, but it will be in the canton of Fribourg or Valais, accessible by public transport.
The price of the event is CHF 180.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of bushcraft activities with a specialist and passionate
- Fondue and wine on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
What does the price NOT include?
- Transport to the event location (to be confirmed)
- Packed lunches
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 6 February 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood, and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.