Guided 5-Day Ski Tour from Les Contamines
If you’re a great off-piste skier or have done some short ski tours as day trips and would love to try multi-day ski touring with a professional guide, in one of the most stunning areas of the Alps, this event is for you!
The trip is led by one of our Touring Monkeys International Mountain Guide, Eliot Hennion.
What’s the plan?
Explore the remote beauty of the Mont Blanc massif and its surroundings through a 5-day ski tour, staying in different mountain huts every night, and waking up to breathtaking views every morning!
On Tuesday, you will meet in Geneva at 19:30. Julien, your Touring Monkeys host, will pick you up in Geneva and drive you to the hotel in Les Contamines.
On Wednesday, after breakfast, you will have the possibility to rent out your skiing equipment if you need.
Once everyone is equipped, we will start a 5-day ski tour, departing from Les Contamines and staying in 4 different mountain huts (details of the tour to be shared at a later stage).
Return to Les Contamines on Sunday afternoon, and shuttle back to Geneva, from where you will be able to catch your train to return home.
To join this event, you should be a great off-piste skier or have previously done some easy ski tours, and be able to ski linked, short radius turns confidently.
- Touring skis
- Ski touring boots
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Backpack with waterproof cover
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Ski trousers
- Warm hat
- Lightweight towel
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Sleeping bag liner
- Sun screen
- Simple first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, wound disinfectant…)
- Packed lunches and snacks
You have the possibility to rent the skiing equipment and avalanche devices in Les Contamines on Wednesday morning.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following transportation:
- Tuesday: Zurich HB 16:32 – 19:27 Geneva Airport
- Sunday: Geneva Airport 17:05 – 19:56 Zurich HB – depending on the time the course finishes
The price this event is CHF 1,200.
What does the price include?
- 5 days ski touring with a UIAGM qualified mountain guide
- 1 night of accommodation in a hotel in Les Contamines
- 4 nights of accommodation in mountain huts
- Breakfast and dinner on days 2 – 5
- Breakfast on day 6
- Transfer from Geneva on Tuesday and back to Geneva on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Dinner on day 1
- Skiing equipment
- Travel insurance including a mountain search and rescue insurance (mandatory)
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 23 February 2020.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions.